> around the kitchen (upstairs); note to those snickering: I wanted
> to call the dog Kano (well, actually, wanted to call it Mantronik,
> but a dog should have a two-syllable name; Parrish (after Man) was
> misinterpreted
> by friends as Perish (and thus gory), Cybotron, Kraftwerk, and
> Atkins didn't "work", Saunderson
> had too many syllables, etc, so it's now Karma (good Karma, bad

We had this dilemma with our kitten. Would it be Miles (too moody), Coltrane
(too, um, damn good), Herbie (suggests ginger to me for some reason)? We
decided on Fela, only to find out he was a she...we ended up with Minnie
(after Minnie Riperton - we were listening to a lot of Charles Stepney). A
friend called her pair of kittens Mills (moody and shy) and Sneak (ginger
and FAT)! That's pretty good, I reckon.

Jonny.