I had the same problem. It seems that if your profile shows that you're not from the US you'll get an error after uploading your track. I decided to upload my track "The Future's History" in the regular Acidplanet lounge (non competition area). This means do not click anything in the contest criteria area before uploading. Good luck.
djr

From: Sam Karmel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: [313] plus 8 contest..... please help
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 22:52:12 -0700 (PDT)

hi

Even though i'm not from US i decided to have a go at
the plus 8 comp.  I ended up spending quite a bit of
time on it.  Unfortunatly i have been unable to upload
my track to the site.  I have tried everything and i
can't see why everytime i try it comes up with
something saying

 "Error sending request to server, com.ms.dll.Win32
exeption: connection with server was recet"

Four days ago i sent a help email to acid: no reply.
So i was hoping somebody here might be able to help
me.
Sorry about the offtopic
thanx

Sam k