Last january BEN SIMS tore through Australia
like a force 5 hurricane.

He came as a highly recommended and relatively unknown artist and left with
a reputation as one of the greatest DJs on the planet. Not since Luke
Slater's first visit as an artist has an artist left such an impression on
Australia.

Ben controls a pair of turntables like no other DJ in the world. His sets
consist of non stop turntable trickery, a huge cross section of cutting edge
music and unreleased dub plates which he cuts for his DJ sets only - all
delivered with the smoothness of a DMC world champion. The founder of no
less than 5 labels - Theory, Hardgroove, Symbolism, Native and Killa Bite he
is responsible for developing the 'hardgroove' sound which has taken the
tekno community by storm and spawned a million copycat labels. Sitting
somewhere between the genres of teck-house, break beat, old school Chicago
and slamming, percussive teckno you can't help but be taken by suprise every
time he steps to the decks.

Since January, Sims has continued to deliver the goods with his amazing
break beat remix of 'The Mole' and his pioneering double pack 'The Dubs'
whioch gave birth to at least 3 Melbourne anthems. His home crew of Surgeon,
James Ruskin and Oliver Ho have all been quoted as stating that Ben Sims
will soon be the biggest name in teckno. If you're into solid underground
music and a turntable mastery this is not one you want to be missing. Expect
a lot from the 'hardgroove' experience, you won't be dissapointed