In a message dated 10/13/00 5:36:23 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< of course, classifications exist because they give people convenient
and simple ways to communicate ideas to one another (albeit sometimes at
the cost of accuracy).  >>

from what I can gather in newsgroups and lists,  "hard techno" is more
percussion oriented techno,  with maybe a bass or other pitched sound
ornamenting the drum sounds.  (or,  it's techno with very little use of
pitched (bass or synths)) sounds.

I've heard "tribal" used to describe the same stuff!??
Unless "tribal" means use of "ethnic"  instruments.  I don't know.

mediadrome