Jacob Arnold wrote:
As mentioned in Omar-S' RA interview, a bunch of his tracks are now on
Beatport, though some seem to be mislabeled (in particular on AOS 003)...

Beatport screwing things up?! How can that possibly be? ;)
Since their "big" changes a month ago, you still get that darn long number
for the file name start instead of artist name, which every bloody store
out there except Beatport seems to be able to handle; And still no downloadable
art.  I thought they were going to listen to input from customers/potential
customers; they sent me a BS email with BS reasons why they couldn't get
rid of those ridiculous #s; er, how come every other store can make downloads
available without them; and don't tell me to use the Beatport Downloader to
avoid this; I shouldn't have to use an application to download music from a store.
I still remember that mix Kevin Saunderson did for RA where he was listing
the song NUMBERS instead of artist names--and expressing his frustration
about this--because that's the way Beatport was listing 'em. C'mon, Beatport, get your ish together or all your BS about being the biggest and best download store
for electronic music won't matter for a rat's arse.

Don't get me wrong: it is absolutely great that Omar S is making his stuff available for those who want to buy it digitally, but all those Omar S releases on Beatport are listed as exclusive, and I find that extremely unfortunate; so if/when I buy any digital Omar S it will be directly through his FXHE site, not through Beatport.

hopefully in future Omar S (hope you're reading this, Omar :))
will also make his stuff available on Junodownload.com,
Boomkat, and some of the other download places that have their ish a lot
more together. Hate to hate on Beatport, but was really hoping they'd get
their ish together and they've completed failed, imo.
Anyone else have thoughts on this?
Andrew

--
Andrew Duke In The Mix weekly mixshow (est. 1987), excl. DJ mixes, PAs, interviews:
http://cognitionaudioworks.com/AndrewDukeInTheMix.html

Andrew Duke Cognition Audioworks
57 Hastings Drive Dartmouth NS Canada B2Y 2C7