there's two ways of looking at this.  for one thing, i guess what i
meant to say was that i probably would have been able to appreciate a
mix like this (with a lot of tracks i've heard, or at least a bunch of
tracks that have gotten a lot of exposure that maybe i haven't heard
but have heard of) without a track listing.  the track listing is the
key.  sometimes i like them.  sometimes i find that a tracklisting
hinders the listening experience.

i mean, when i was getting into electronic dance music, the primary
way i was exposed to it was through dj mixes.  and 99% of the mixes i
heard didn't have tracklistings.  sure, it's a double edged sword,
because a lot of the music i loved "back in the day" i still don't
have any idea the names of.  but on the other hand, it's an
interesting phenomenological mode of music to be with the sound
separated from the object/other.  that is, having no tracklisting is a
sort of "purer" form of entertainment.

the other point, and to answer your question more directly, robin, is
that pretty much from day one my MO has been to try to make mixes with
only fresh, relatively unheard of tracks.  as a rule i never (ever)
repeat a track from one recorded (studio) dj mix to another.  i
generally don't like listening to dj mixes full of stuff i've already
heard (except, of course, if a mix grows on me and i find that the mix
as a whole bears repeated listens).  it's fine to pepper a classic in
here and there, but i just am not impressed at all by mixes that are
"ripped right from the charts".  it just seems slightly irrelevant and
uninspired.

--
peace,

frank