Hello Chicago-area 313 friends-
A quick note here to inform you of our next JACKSON monthly event that
will feature a very special guest Live PA performance by UK
electronica artist FOUR TET.  Also on the bill will be LEO 123 (1/2 of
the Dark Party project w/ Eliot Lipp) with a Live PA performance of
all original music.  Rounding out the bill will be local DJ greats -
DJ STRIZ and DJ WARP.  We hope to see you there!

==

FRIDAY APRIL 17th, 2009  -  CHICAGO

Empty Bottle, Meiotic, Approaching Serpents present

JACKSON
(3rd Friday monthly series)

our very special guests for April:

>FOUR TET  -  Live PA
[Domino Records - UK]
http://www.myspace.com/fourtetkieranhebden

>LEO 123  -  Live PA
[Old Tacoma, Mush, Ghostly Swim labels - Chicago]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Leo-123/12677098119
http://www.myspace.com/leo123music

>STRIZ [Illmeasures, Resonate] vs DJ WARP [Bombay Beatbox, CCC]

==

@ SONOTHEQUE - 1444 W. Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL
9:00PM / 21+ / $14
ADV TIX:  http://www.emptybottle.com
Reduced admission w/ Going. com  RSVP - http://chicago.going.com/meiotic
MORE EVENT INFO: http://www.meiotica.com  or  http://www.sonotheque.net
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=64132308005
EVENT FLYER: http://meiotica.com/art/2009/jackson20090417web.jpg

Sponsored by Silver Wrapper, Cold Grums Productions, Intelligent
Designers, Abstract Science, Illmeasures

==

FOUR TET  -Live PA-
[Domino Records - UK]
http://www.myspace.com/fourtetkieranhebden
http://www.fourtet.net
KIERAN HEBDEN, aka FOUR TET, has come a long, long way since his
brilliant debut album for the Output label, released back in ’99.  At
the time, his band Fridge was already soaring in popularity on both
sides of the Atlantic.  Since then, Four Tet has become the more
popular of the two projects, having seen Hebden release three more
albums in quick succession: “Pause “(2001), “Rounds” (2003) and
“Everything Ecstatic” (2005) - all albums that represent a high
watermark in new forms of pioneering musical creativity. These
recordings fine-tuned the techniques of electronic music: sampling,
sequencing, tweaking and injected them with an almost alchemical
warmth.  There is no let up as Hebden's horizon wide ideas and
technical ability spark like fireworks. In the past few years Four Tet
has released his fourth album “Everything Ecstatic”, a DVD of music
videos working with directors/artists such as Woof Wan Bau and Jason
Evans, a DJ Kicks compilation as part of K7’s legendary series, a
compilation of his remix work, and has toured the UK, Europe, US and
Japan extensively.  He also holds a long list of remix/collaboration
work for the likes of Radiohead, Thom Yorke, Steve Reich, Aphex Twin,
Madvillian, Bloc Party, Explosions In The Sky, Pole, J Dilla, Percee
P, as well as his original electronic-jazz project with Steve Reid.

Now, Four Tet finally returns to the States to preview many of the
musical treasures that will appear on his upcoming, brand new album
for Domino Records.  This Chicago date is one of a handful of Four Tet
North American appearances, so we’re expecting a full house for this.
To say that we are overflowing with excitement in anticipation of Four
Tet’s appearance at the April edition of JACKSON is an understatement.

LEO 123  -Live PA-
[1/2 of DARK PARTY - Old Tacoma, Mush, Ghostly Swim labels - Chicago]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Leo-123/12677098119
http://www.myspace.com/leo123music
http://www.myspace.com/drkprty
We’re so pleased to have our good friend LEO 123 join us on this
special evening with a Live PA set.  Leo always rocks the spot!
Currently moved from Los Angeles to Chicago, electronica/hip hop beat
producer Leo 123 has been hard at work perfecting his solo debut
album, which is due out soon.  Recently, he released two great
original songs on the ‘Waypavers’ digital-only compilation, out now on
Eliot Lipp’s newly launched Old Tacoma Records.  He’s also been busy
traveling and playing Live PA solo shows or as Dark Party (his
side-project w/ Eliot Lipp), having shared the stage with acts like
Daedelus, Gaslamp Killer, Nosaj Thing, Daddy Kev, Nobody, STS9, Pnuma
Trio, Pretty Lights, Danger, Kid Color, Lazer Crystal, etc.  Future
plans include a Leo 123 full-length album for Mush Records, as well as
the anticipated DARK PARTY full-length debut (mixed by Josh Eustis of
Telefon Tel Aviv).  Keep your eyes/ears on watch for this talented
artist!