On 21/05/2009 21:23, Otto wrote:
On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 8:07 PM, kent williams
<chaircrus...@hyperreal.org>  wrote:
This bounced due to the ever popular 'plain text only' rule.  But man,
this is from Otto!

Otto was my very kind host when I visited Rotterdam almost 10 years
ago, and is one of the OG Techno Tourists.  One of my peak DEMF
experiences was the Larry Heard/Moodyman party years back, and a peak
part of that party was seeing Otto, completely drenched in sweat and
so happy to be there that I was afraid he was going to spontaneously
combust ...

Oh yeah! That party *still* puts a huge smile on my face. Packed right
from when it started until 6am in the morning. Pure darkness, the only
light being a desk lamp that was barely enough for the DJs to see what
they were putting on, which was a house set to rival the best nights
at Body&  Soul. File alongside Rolando's set during the UR afterparty
@ Johansen Gallery, DEMF 2001. Utterly legendary.

Otto
Yeah, that was blatantly one of the best parties ever. It was definitely the best party I'd ever attended at the time. IIRC it was the debut of KDJ30, or at least it was around that weekend and hearing Moodymann play it at the Detroit Contemporary was amazing. All of a sudden I wish I was going to DEMF this year.

Welcome back Otto!

Tristan
=======
phonop...@phonopsia.co.uk