On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 23:59, Southern
Outpost<senti...@southernoutpost.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
> Heading to Boston on Wednesday for a few days, could any Boston list
> members recommend any record stores, good coffee, interesting sights
> that I could check out?

I hope you're not trying to shop for new techno. There is nothing
left, except mimaroglu, which is appointment only unless you bring
beer! http://www.mimaroglumusicsales.com/faq.html Even still, it's
mostly experimental stuff.

If you're looking for other stuff:
Twisted Village in Harvard Square is well-regarded. Haven't been there
in some time, though: twistedvillage.com
In Your Ear is pretty good. There are 2:
http://www.iye.com/html_index.cfm?page=home
Nuggets, never been here: http://nuggetsrecords.com/
Looney Tunes, also good: http://www.yelp.com/biz/looney-tunes-boston
Cheapo Records: http://www.cheaporecords.com/

If you are coming up my way, you can stop at the Salem Record
Exchange: http://www.yelp.com/biz/record-exchange-salem-2
or farther north, there is Mystery Train in Gloucester:
http://www.mysterytrainrecords.com/

Both of the above are really good, but I think I cleared out the
electronic section of any good stuff in Salem :)

I'll talk about non-music stuff separately.

--
matt kane's brain
techno radio at: http://hydrogenproject.com