This track has haunted me far deeper than many of the better known,
more dance friendly, counterparts.

I like a lot of the intellecto-blog post-modern analyses of detroit
techno and album reviews as much as the next techno-dork, and this one
is not at all offensive, but it's funny when someone has to resort to
a dystopian soviet novel to make their point.  Next thing you know,
we'll get all college-campus on ourselves, and start talking about
foucault and sartre and how Juan Atkins was secretly snorting crumpled
shavings of unpublished Derrida manuscripts.

Not to take away from the point of bringing attention to Techno City,
and also because I am often guilty of faux-intellectual brain farts,
but am I the only one spotting this type of techno-journalism, and
getting mildly annoyed by the apparent monopoly on rave-journalism by
NYU grads?