. Idiosyncratic Expressions comp cd (Parallel Recordings, Ltd. 008)

     PRESS INFO -- After eight vinyl releases, Parallel is pleased to offer a
cd compilation as release #9 (number nine... number nine...), including our
faves (at the moment) for the last three years, & two new tracks. From PRL-002
comes the 'alien sounding' Unexpected Visitor courtesy of Sharp and Williams as
well as Burtt & Williams's exquisite electro-disco (appropriately titled)
'Schizophrenic Disco.'  Kit Clayton & Jason Williams are I-Liner on 5-star
rated PRL-003's S-Bahn. I-Liner also pulls into this station (number nine...
number nine...) with new track entitled 'In The East,' a bit of deconstructed
jazz funk from the t-dimension. The title track of Velocette's PRL-004,
'Memories for the Future,' has been called "difficult to catorgize - techno
jazz" & appears here again. Velocette also offers up 'Savannah,' a brand new,
6/8 electronic jammy for your inner hominid to shimmy across the mushroom
dotted plains. Kit Clayton recieved high praise on PRL-005, in fact one writer
called it "some of the most inspired music i've ever had the pleasure of
reviewing." We have here 'Box Section,' a "boxy tech-house number" & 'W-Shape
(Velocette remix),' with its "shooting star murmurs" & "motorized bassline."
Keek (aka Timeblind aka Chris Sattinger), author of PRL-007, is represented
here by 'Sodom + Gomorah,' a bacchanal groover suitable for play in either
city.  Velocette closes off this compilation with the "rolling, melancholy" 'I
Feel...," also off PRL-004. Parallel is sure you & all your friends will enjoy
the digital convenience of this cd for enjoying & sharing that Parallel Sound.
So just answer two little questions before we go: Movin'? Groovin'?*

     LANCE COMMENTS -- Most of the Parallel Label classics finally see a cd
release on this new comp. Despite having releases from Kit Clayton, Jonah
Sharp, Chris Sattinger, Jason Williams, and Velocette, the Parallel label is
remarkably underrated label but hopefully this comp will help the vinyl impared
see the light. Check this if you're into various flavors of techno, tech-house,
tech-dub, and electro-tech.

. Idiosyncratic Expressions comp cd (Parallel Recordings, Ltd. 008)
     Tracks:
     - jonah sharp/jason williams: unexpected visitor
     - i-liner: s-bahn
     - velocette: memories for the future
     - kit clayton: box section
     - keek: sodom+gomorah
     - velocette: savannah
     - kit clayton: w-shape/velocette remix
     - i-liner: in the east
     - burtt/williams: schizophrenic disco
     - velocette: i feel...

Release date: November 13th, 2000

For more info check the Parallel Recordings, Ltd website
at http://www.parallelsite.net

Hope this helps!
-->-Lance---
[EMAIL PROTECTED]