>according to an interview with jeff mills from 1998:
>
>"X-101 were mike, rob and me, while X-102 and 103 were mainly done by rob
>and me."
>
>(translated by myself from german text)
>
>BTW, it's interesting to see that mills talks in a very "mundane" way while
>being interviewed, in contrast to the discussed linernotes (SIGH!)

Actually I have spoken to him in an interview and just casually and he isn't
"mundane" at all. He is highly articulate and very concise, speaks in
thoughtful, measured tones - his writing style is just a little more formal,
and he has a lot of humour. I would imagine that he came from an academic
family. A lot of musicians wrestle to explain what they do and are even lost
for words but for Jeff I think it's the opposite, I think his mind works
very fast. I love how he writes as it's him, very sincere, it enhances the
experience of the music for me, even though it's beguiling sometimes -
people don't have to read the notes, I think he's said as much. If he has
his own language then that's cool. So has The RZA.

Now I have a question. Can I get X-102 or X-101 on CD - I know X-103 is
available.

Peace

Cyclone