It should have been clear that my point was with the intention of
stopping the potential argument/flamewar/insult chain.  No one needs
that in a mailing list.

As Kent said, (even though I only know you from your public/musician
persona), you seem like a swell, passionate, and intelligent person.
That should be clear.