Went record shopping for the first time in a few months the other week. Cosmin TRG has made the switch from dubstep to techno/house/funky and his 50 Weapons and Rush Hour releases sound very "now" to me. Digging the Mark Ernestus remix of Konono #1. Also digging the weirdo analogue vibes of the Sex Tags Mania releases and the dark industrial sounds of Do Not Resist the Beat #6. Any Shed related releases are still gold to me: equalized #4, Wax #3. The new Soundstream is growing on me but I'm not sure what the big deal is about another nicely produced filter house record. "Wenn Meine Mutte Wusste" and "Boom Room" were the highlights of the Berghain Funf compilation, the former being Soundstream and the latter Shed. Rush Hour is up on the anonymous techno tip with the 52.37514724042889 release. On the acid house tip digging the Steve Poindexter State of Shock Muzique reissue and the Italo Johnson white label.

Hmm... I guess I should mention some Detroit records? Digging the Marcellus Pittman green Unirhythm and the new Terrence parker Music Works Vol #1 is some straight up good bumpin garagey house. Omar S These Complimentary Tracks also caught my ear but haven't really given this or many of the other mentioned records a good listen yet so this is mostly store listening reactions. The new Stingray Aqua Team record is some nice fast frenetic electro. Actually enjoying this one more than the Urban Tribe release. Lastly, the new Deep Space Orchestra on ART is some great melodic detroit techno stuff outta England I guess. Overall I'm still a bit of a sucker for all the trendy anonymous techno BS. :)