on 10/30/00 9:44 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> since trance music is from detroit, what are the 10 best detroit trance
> records of all time?
>
> I dont mean Goa or isreali-psy trance, I mean specifically Detroit
> Trance. I am sick of that boring soulful kenny larkin crap, I want
> rippin' arpeggios, pumpin 909 kicks, and swirling psychedelic dolphin
> noises.

Wow, Mike.  You feelin' okay?
Here's a few, if you really feel like debating what constitutes "Trance".
Listen at maximum volume.

Martian:  Stardancer (this is a trance blueprint, IMHO.)
FUSE: F.U.  (a stripped down blueprint.)
Blake Baxter:  Pursuit of Happiness
Dark Comedy:  War of the Worlds
Cybersonic:  Technarchy
States of Mind:  Equinox
Martian:  Lost Transmission from Planet Earth
Martian:  Ultra-violet Images
Jeff Mills: Late Night

All old releases.  This was before Trance was really a genre, and around the
same time Germany picked up the ball and ran with it.

Shame that the term has been soiled now by commercial cheese.  For some
reason though, I still smile when I hear "Age of Love".
--
There4IM