Hi all

I just thought I'd report in. Saw Derrick May and Rolando play at Showcase
on Friday night.

Interesting the venue was a boathouse by the Seine under Alexandre III
bridge before it became a venue. The venue was odd - guys in button shirts,
loafers etc and girls in short dresses and heels. There was a VIP section
where people slammed down bottles of champagne. I think the place was a pick
up joint. The drinks were super expensive (5 euro for water/ softdrink, 8
euro for a heineken, 12 for vodka redbull). However the guestlist is free if
you sign up online and you arrive before 1.30 am. I signed up at 11pm and
got an instant response back that I was on the list. Luckily you just have
to show the door an email.

I didn't meet the promotor, so I couldn't tell you how Derrick and Rolando
ended up on the bill there. There were a few usual clubbing kids there
though.

I don't know who was on before Derrick, but it was just some techno, i think
slightly more minimal style.

I couldn't name any trax, I think Derrick played a few usual ones he always
plays (but still welcome...) I haven't seen Derrick play this well in ages,
despite the crowd. I think there were a few happy cheesy moments, but
overall spot on, tight mixing, pretty good track selection. He played from 2
- 4

Rolando came on 4 and totally just smashed it out of the ballpark. Over the
years I've noticed how uncompromising he is with the tunes and he just plays
what he does best... slamming hard but funky at the same time...and in this
case I think some of the crowd left (but could have been due to
tiredness....). I think he played a few things that totally reminded me of
the older harder UR stuff but 'new'. I think there was new Red Planet in
there... He played all of Jaguar, BUT the crowd didn't pick up on it really
so in a way that was good because it was as though the song was just another
track. Anyway he played until 6.20 am, and after that it was strange but
nice to come out of the bottom of the bridge to see the lights still
glistening on the Seine, and the sun just about to rise.

Cheers!
Melody