Is anyone else still looking for a room?

m50

At 2012.04.02 23:03, Fred Heutte wrote:
I can't figure it -- the situation this year is really messed up.
Even six weeks ago almost everything downtown except the Holiday Inn
Express and Doubletree were full, including my standby the Hilton
Garden and even the Milner.  I think the same is true today.  I booked
a room at the Inn on Ferry St.  Plenty of rooms in the suburbs and in
Windsor, of course.

Then I read how many of these (including the Inn on Ferry and the
Westin Book Cadillac) are behind on their payments to a federal loan
program so the city has to pull in funds that would otherwise go to
neighborhood development.  One more body blow as the city slides
toward handing over most financial control to the state, one way or
another, as soon as tomorrow:

http://www.freep.com/article/20120316/NEWS01/303160007/Detroit-to-step-up-collection-
efforts-as-most-developers-fail-to-repay-HUD-loans

http://www.freep.com/article/20120402/NEWS01/120402036/Detroit-financial-crisis-union-
contracts-Counil-meeting

fh

-----------------
>Rooms are probably still available.  Last year a bunch of promoters
>realized they could make money by buying discounted room blocks and
>selling them to their friends/audience.
>
>Last year, Liaison Artists had a massive room block with a couple
>hundred rooms at MGM.
>
>I'm sure if I asked around I could find out who's got room blocks this year.
>
>Jodie
>
>313-915-1164
>uandidesigndetr...@gmail.com
>Events, Promotions, & Development
>U&I Design llc - managing director
>"What can you and I design together?"
>
>http://uxidesign313.wordpress.com
>http://detroiturbanballet.wordpress.com
>

>On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 8:00 AM, David Smith <bassline...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I did the reverse once, went to Windsor for the day and spent the night in the ren-cen. I think they just black-out that weekend so they can charge more than the normal online rate.
 I've also stayed at the Ponch and Courtyard.  Now I think I'd try the>