Went to the "Toxic Tempest" at the 4731 (Grand River) gallery --
the flyer had TP, Johnny Fiasco, others, looked good.  More info
about the space at 4731.com

Well you don't have to guess how it turned out.

When I arrived around 12:30 TP was playing Din Daa Daa and other
classics and starting to work up a pretty good set, though there were
only about 40 people in the 4th floor gallery space.

Good sound system, well stocked bar -- but if I say "blind pig" you say...
"party's over"... and sure enough at 1:15, hello po-po, a couple street
uniforms and about six plain clothes come running in and in a very
disorganized and yet predictably ill-mannered way shuffled most of
us out after checking IDs.  Under 21s and the crew were held inside
and I'm not sure what happened.

Outside, Johnny Fiasco looked pretty crestfallen -- he's a good guy,
good DJ and has done some tracks from the day that I still play.
But he's heading back to Chicago I think without getting a chance to
play here...

Heck of a way to start the weekend.  But as always, nothing
ventured, nothing gained.

fh