There are times when a certain amount of spleen must be vented, publicly or otherwise (music is an excellent vehicle for venting a certain amount of undifferentiated spleen, satisfying creative impulses at the same time). In this case, the vehicle for venting said spleen tumbled more or less at random into my hands, in the form of a Tension 12". The track in question was crafted by Dietrich Schoenemann in 1999, in response to the NYPD mowing down an innocent in a case of mistaken identity. The track is "19 Bullets", and it's still an uncompromising bit of work 13 years down the line, and one of Schoenemann's finest. If you think that I followed _that_ track with a set of fluffy house, please send me a sample of the s*** you've been smoking, as it must be pretty powerful. Players in tomorrow night's game include. Tension, Generator, DJungle Fever, Metamorphic, Temple, Subject Detroit, Planet E, Rhythm & Sound, Djax-Up-Beats, and others.

Last week, I gathered up a bunch of 12's languishing here and there around my bedroom (if you saw the state of my bedroom, you'd realize that I could misplace stuff a lot more substantial than a few 12"s). Some were various things bought here & there while I was accumulating tracks for a couple of the radio specials I did back in May. One little nest of 12"s was from a bunch sent me by an SF label. Despite the diverse nature of the stuff gathered, a more or less coherent set was gleaned therefrom (without a lot of backtracking), and can be viewed at http://www.kfjc.org/music/playlist.php?i=41194 . Participants include R& S (old and new), Jelly Jam (the first one!), Apollo, De' fchild, XXC3, Ann Aimee, Dust Science, Fortune 8, Eevolute, and others. There's still an assorted fraction of a crate left over for future endeavors....

"The Wild Kingdom" airs on KFJC-FM 89.7, Friday Night/Saturday Morning, 10P-2A (6A-10A GMT). Potential listeners outside the San Francisco Bay area can find a webcast at http://www.kfjc.org/netcast/index.php . Present and past Wild Kingdom playlists are also archived at kfjc.org. You can also check out archived playlists from my first KFJC show "Just Desserts" that was on Fridays 10P-2A from 1992 through 1999. Archived playlists exist for that show starting from Fall 1995 to New Year's Eve 1999/2000, so you can see what what I'm up to these days is pretty much consistent with what I was up to all along.

If you do tune in (especially via the web), please take a little time to let me know your locale. I'm also interested in promo music from all over and in promoting local (San Francisco Bay area) techno-type events. If you want to do some promotion for an event, contact the KFJC promotions department at pr...@kfjc.org to arrange ticket giveaways and/or to send information for inclusion in our concert outlook. Thanks to those who have sent promo music so far.

Regards,

Richard Hester
"Mr. Goodwrench"
"The Wild Kingdom"