Despite discovering that film is basically a sedative for me since
becoming a parent, I persevered through Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy last
night. Part of the way through I couldn't shake the notion that I knew
the name George Smiley from somewhere. Then it clicked. He was the
original (313) list admin back in the day. From the time that I joined
the list around '98, he never really posted much, but it occurs to me
now that this was more likely to have been a pseudonym than a
coincidence. Anyone know who George Smiley was? Just curious if it was
one of the later (313) admins in disguise, or maybe one of the
hyperreal people? Clearly not really important, but it just made me
curious, especially given the fictional character.

Cheers,

Tristan