The Disk Union store for electronic/hiphop is located in Shinjuku, close to
McDonalds at the East Exit. They have a nice Detroit/Chicago selection
there. Mostly house records.

What I can highly recommend is Technique Online Store in Shibuya (200 m
from the famous crossroad). They have a lot of second hand vinyls, a great
Detroit selection and lots of bargains! Bought a lot of records there
recently :)

Lighthouse Records is not far from Technique (just across the main street).
Their stock is a bit smaller but nice finds nevertheless.

The weirdest record store I've been yet is Discland Jaro (Shibuya). It's a
basement room in a small side street. VERY tiny (2x2 meters) and packed
with records to the ceiling. They are specialized on Jazz and Soul records,
but have insane prices ($300 in average for a record).

In Kyoto I could not find any record stores for electronic music. I think
Osaka is a better place.

Dieter