On Nov 29, 2012, at 1:33 AM PST, Philip McGarva <philipmcga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So what's been floating everyone's boat recently, detroit or otherwise? i
> been outta the loop but i've enjoyed flying lotus (tho not the newie so much)
> and redshape, also dig the king midas sound remix album 'without you'. keen
> to hear anything deep, fonky, unusual, original, creative. answers on a
> postcard etc

Two things off the top of my head.

This short-but-sweet 'Dark Music' set by Lukasz Hanusik:

http://soundcloud.com/magazynglissando/glissando-densinghour-vol-24

I'm really into the Coldwave Kids these days, the children of the
early 80s synth set (e.g. Vatican Shadow, Tropic Of Cancer, Deathday,
Soft Metals etc. ... see tracklist below).

--

Courtesy of (313)'s own Magda Donohue, this excellent Dozzy-esque set
by Abdulla Rashim from the s m i l e c o l d a n a t o m y Blogspot:

http://smilecoldanatomy.blogspot.se/2012/11/anatomy-20-abdulla-rashim.html

Not much (313) content in either but there ya go.

        - Greg

P.S. Tracklist for the Hanusik set:

01 Pan Sonic - Toisaalta | Mute 2001
02 Demdike Stare - Kommunion (alternate version) | Modern Love 2012
03 Tommy Four Seven remix, Perc - Start Chopping | Perc Trax 2011
04 Shifted - Colours Of The Fall | Mote-Evolver 2012
05 Orphx - Preta Loka | Sonic Groove 2012
06 Regis edit, Silent Servant - Untitled | Sandwell District 2011
07 Black Rain - Biotechno 1 & 2 | Blackest Ever Black 2012
08 Powell - The Ongoing Significance Of Steel And Flesh | Diagonal 2011
09 James Ruskin - Against Your Will | Tresor 2001
10 Container - Overflow | Spectrum Spools 2011
11 Vatican Shadow - One Day He Heard The Call | Bed Of Nails 2012
12 Silent Servant - Moral Divide (endless) | Hospital Productions 2012
13 Tropic Of Cancer - More Alone | Ghostly International 2012
14 Powell - Body music | Diagonal 2012
15 Deathday - Dropped Into Obscurity | Downwards 2012
16 Joy Division - As You Said {excerpt} | Factory 1980
17 HTRK - Slo Glo | Mistletone Records 2011
18 Roly Porter - Hessra | Subtext 2011
19 Simon Scott - Sealevel.1 {excerpt} | 12k 2012
20 Coil - 7-methoxy-b-carboline (telepathine) | Eskaton 1998
21 Andy Stott - Submission | Modern Love 2011
22 Luis Farfan & Silent Servant - La Negra Luna | Stroboscopic Artefacts 2012
23 RP - IX | Subtext 2011
24 Borful Tang - Meet The Band | Stroboscopic Artefacts 2012