That was one point I made. I do not post often enough. Thanks :)

Sent from my Windows Phone
From: kent williams
Sent: 3/5/2013 3:02 PM
To: list 313
Subject: (313) List Metacriticism
On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 8:33 AM, Kevin Kennedy <the...@gmail.com> wrote:
> However, it's even harder to get people on this very list to have a discussion
> about 313 or 313 related music unless there is a bit of sensationalism
> involved,
> like mentioning skrilldx.

Part of what can make a mailing list interresting and relevant is to
balance the need to stay on topic and the need to let discussions go
where they will.

There is no moderator for 313, and my status as list administrator is
mostly a clerical job -- I approve new subscribers when they request
it and help troubleshoot e-mail problems with people when they arrive.
 I do have an affection for the list and its subscribers that makes me
want to do what I can to keep it healthy.

I think that when the list was more lively than it is now, it was
because there were more people on the list actually involved in making
the music we were discussing, or working at labels, or promoting
events; it drew people that were fans closer in to the music, and in a
lot of cases people who started out as 'just' fans became producers or
DJs or event promoters because of the inspiration provided by reading
the 313 list.

So if you want more discussion, start more discussions.