Ooh I like that. Would love to hear the album. Interested to know what it's like too.

On Oct 14, 2013, at 08:08 PM, Jeff Davis <j...@jeffreyjdavis.com> wrote:

https://soundcloud.com/ian-obrien/the-magician-unreleased-2000

Still has that classic big jazzy sound.

"From my new album "I Was There 1995-2000" released Sept 4th 2013 on
Ultra-Vybe Records Japan. Coming to a digital store soon. This was
spliced together from three 1/4" tapes, lost in 2000, found in an
attic 12 years later in terrible condition. Thanks to digital
technology, I was able to re-assemble it. Quite the miracle, the tapes
were literally falling apart. They were cheap, used reels in the first
place. Thus, this music can only be titled "The Magician" - music that
made it back from the dead. Dedicated to those who helped and inspired
me to write this in the first place, especially Phil Asher, Kaidi
Tatham, Michael Banks, Dominic Stanton. All of you...you know who you
are and I love you all. Special thanks to Jazz musician Nathan Haines
for playing flute for me. Even though the track Nathan played on was
called "Naima", I used the outtakes for 'The Magician."

Has anyone heard the album?

thanks,

Jeffrey J Davis
218.83DAVIS / 218.833.2847