From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 7:04 PM
Subject: [313] Can Promoters & DJs resolve their differences?

: Greetings From TP!
:
: I am sharing the following information with this list in hopes that it will
: create a basis for positive dialog / discussion of how we as DJs & Promoters
: work with each other to achieve the common goal of a banging party with a
: "REAL RIGHT" vibe!
: I especially hope that any aspiring / up-and-coming DJs and/or Promoters on
: this list will take away something valuable which they can use.
:
: Today Carl (the promoter behind the HOUSE EXPLOSION event) and I spoke
: regarding the controversy centered on the flyer for the HOUSE EXPLOSION 2000
: event. This morning I sent an e-mail to which he responded by phone and
: agreed to ALL of my demands to resolve this issue of the improper use of my
: name.
:
: Today I received 11 e-mail letters from cats who see nothing wrong with a
: person's name being listed on a flyer as a SPECIAL INVITED GUEST.
: Furthermore, they asked why I was making such a big deal about it, and
: thought I should be honored by the invitation. Well, I was honored! But how
: fine is the honor if it is bitter sweet?
: I understand that many of us on this list are in various countries throughout
: the world where the laws governing such matters are different. However, being
: here in the USA, let me try to make my point by using an example . . . . .
:
:  . . . . LET'S SAY I DECIDED TO THROW A PARTY AT THE STATE THEATER IN DETROIT
: ON CHRISTMAS NIGHT. I THEN DRAFT A LETTER OF INVITATION TO MICHAEL JACKSON. I
: THEN FAX THE LETTER TO MICHAEL JACKSON'S MANAGEMENT COMPANY. I NEVER GET A
: RESPONSE FROM MICHAEL JACKSON, OR ANY OF HIS REPRESENTATIVES. HOWEVER, I TAKE
: IT UPON MYSELF TO MAKE FLYERS ADVERTISING MY CHRISTMAS PARTY AT THE STATE
: THEATER WITH SPECIAL INVITED GUEST - MICHAEL JACKSON!
:
: I ASK YOU, MY FRIENDS, HOW LONG DO YOU THINK IT WOULD TAKE BEFORE MICHAEL'S
: LEGAL TEAM WOULD TAKE ACTION AGAINST ME? WOULD I BE WRONG TO ADVERTISE
: MICHAEL'S NAME AS A SPECIAL INVITED GUEST? AFTER ALL, I DIDN'T SAY THAT HE
: WAS GOING TO PERFORM RIGHT? I DIDN'T EVEN SAY THAT HE WAS GOING TO BE THERE.
: ALL I SAID WAS THAT HE WAS A SPECIAL INVITED GUEST. IN FACT, I COULD PROVE
: THAT I DID INDEED INVITE MR. JACKSON BY PRESENTING THE LETTER ALONG WITH A
: COPY OF THE VERIFIED FAX TRANSMISSION TO MICHAEL'S MANAGEMENT WHICH STATES
: THAT I AM INVITING HIM TO ATTEND MY EVENT. SO I ASK YOU GOOD PEOPLE, IF MIKE,
: NOR HIS PEOPLE RESPOND TO MY INVITATION, DO I HAVE THE RIGHT TO USE HIS NAME
: IN ANY MANNER (EVEN AS A SPECIAL INVITED GUEST) IN PROMOTION OF MY EVENT?????
:
:
: WHY DID I MAKE SUCH A BIG DEAL ABOUT THIS? BECAUSE I HAVE TO TAKE A STAND ON
: WHAT I BELIEVE IS RIGHT, NOT ONLY BECAUSE IT AFFECTS ME, BUT BECAUSE SOMEDAY
: (IF NOT TODAY) IT COULD AFFECT YOU!
: MY POSITION WAS BASED UPON A PRINCIPLE WHICH IS PERSONAL TO ME, BUT COMMON TO
: ALL OF US.
:
: FOR THE RECORD DELANO SMITH FELT AS I DID, AND ALSO EXPRESSED HIS CONCERN
: OVER BEING LISTED ON THE FLYER. AS I UNDERSTAND IT,
: HE TOO HAS RESOLVED HIS ISSUE WITH THE PROMOTER.
:
: Peace & Respect,
:
: TP
: www.TerrenceParker.com
: 1.248.784.7233
:
: To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
: For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
: