A friend and advocate of mine for many years, host of The Mechanical Pulse
on WDBM from 1992-1996, has suffered tragedy at the hands of an ex lover of
his wife's. I am posting this prayer request on his behalf. He could use
your prayers and, if possible, financial support at this link:
http://www.gofundme.com/puosv0. The family has insurance but it is not
likely to cover the entire hospital bill and will definitely not cover the
lost income.

I will repost his message verbatim from his Facebook page:

On 3/18 my wife was gunned down on our front porch by her ex, during a
last-minute custody exchange of Adel that he insisted. Then he killed
himself. He forced her at gunpoint to our house, after Csilla had secured
Adel in our car seat. I was upstairs with Stella when it happened at
5:45am. Csilla said his intent was to kill Stella & I, and possibly Adel,
but she told him she would rather die.

My wife was airlifted to UC Davis where she was in ICU for 6 days, she was
shot 4 times. She is now in a trauma ward and has made remarkable progress.
She still has a bullet in her spine, 1 in the soft tissue of her lower
back, and 2 chest tubes. Her spleen had to be removed and she only has
partial feeling in her left leg. Doctors are not sure about her walking
yet, but we are holding onto hope.

It is really a miracle that we are all still alive. The kids are OK and we
had our first child visits yesterday, with the help of a social worker.

We are really touched by the outpouring of support from the community,
churches, family, and friends. I couldn't stand up as tall as I have been
without all of you. Please pray for Csilla's recovery and thank you all for
the messages of strength and promise.

With love,

Steve

http://lostcoastoutpost.com/2015/mar/23/csilla-adam-fortuna-shooting-russell-kellim/