So this just happened: http://charivaridetroit.com/

If you are one of those people who remembers the first DEMF when it was
free, and the vibe of a more mixed crowd, well guess what?! THAT is what
Chari Vari is all about. Just an incredible day with heads and kids, old
and young, plenty of families. Almost no "ravers" as well.

Also, the event was on Belle Isle, and you wouldn't believe better things
are (compared to Hart Plaza / Movement) with all that extra space and
natural beauty. If you get tired of nonstop beats you can just wander off
and have a picnic by the river.

Tons of great Detroit music both days, if you are from out of town and want
to hear real Detroit music, I would highly recommend coming into town for
Chari Vari. Unlike Memorial Day weekend, You can probably even get a
reasonably priced hotel room.

I think this could become Detroit's answer to the Chosen Few house music
picnic that happens every year in Chicago. I am excited to see what next
year brings.

~David