Hey Phil,

Glad you mentioned the Check One CD, used to have it, gave a loan of it to
someone, never got it back ☹️. I listened to that constantly. I'd say it
was a commercial disaster, but the music on there highlighted the links
between jazz and techno.

And some of the most sublime techno, Nuron 'Eau Rouge', Silent Phase
'Meditative Fusion', Jedi Knights 'Solina', 69 'Microlvr'. Mein Gott, it
brings a tear to the eye.

The follow-up, which I still have, Synthesis, is no way as good.

Also, I would mention Nu Era - that's jazz techno right there.

But then I view Surgeon as Bohannon on steroids. I'm connecting dots that
may not be there.

Thanks,
Aidan