Love this record. Ian is great, in his mid-20s iirc, he's a killer jazz
keyboard player. He has a residency on Wednesdays at Motorcity Wine where
it's just him and a drummer with some other guest musicians every once in a
while. A couple friends and I also booked him at a chillout party we did at
The Schvitz (a sauna/bathhouse) late in November. Ian brought a workstation
keyboard and a loop pedal and did over an hour of improvised deep
atmospheric stuff... I guess what I'm saying is keep an eye on him! I
believe he also features on some Omar-S stuff from the last few years if
you look closely. And he plays in Scott Grooves Overdubs (Scott's live band
project).

While I'm here, hi, I'm Ali (it's short for Alexander, I'm yet another
white dude). I've been living in Detroit (technically Hamtramck) since
September 2015, I DJ and make records and I'm very actively involved in the
scene here. Been lurking on the list since the Drexciya business, looking
forward to occasionally sharing some insight on what it's actually like
day-to-day here.