On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, kenneth taylor wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I just bought a Roland MS-1 digital sampler but it has no manual.  It came
> with what looks to be a blank memory card.  Does anyone have a manual that
> they can photocopy or perhaps lead me to a place where I can procure one?
> What does a regular "full" memory card look like?  Any help is welcome.

Those are 'smart memory' cards -- check with the Roland website.
They might have a manual PDF on line, or at least you can order a reprint.

The smart cards are used in things like digital cameras and mp3 players
too, but since the MS-1 is an older design it might be picky about the
cards it accepts.

I was underwhelmed by the MS-1's capabilities -- I had a chance to buy
one cheap and didn't.