Terrence Dixon is an incredible musician. I WAS a big fan until recently
when I finally grew tired of his bullying: sending abusive messages to
myself and many others (I have seen the screenshots) because of the ongoing
campaign to bring #TheTaker (a Detroit DJ who runs Transmat) to task for a)
unpaid royalties to people including Thomas Barnett, Blake Baxter, Dr
Motte, Cisco Ferreira, Eddie Fowlkes, Michael James b) not crediting
collaborators correctly c) most importantly, the growing number of reports
from many women that #TheTaker takes advantage of women as he benefits from
the 1988 Belleville 3 marketing still 32 years later implying that he is an
innovator. Terrence Dixon remixed one of my songs released in 2009, so when
I deleted all things related to him including his remix of me it was
particularly painful to know that a man once a hero to me is no longer
viewed the same way.
Andrew