Actually , I do recall reading in the News that Derrick May
'scored'  sound track stuff for the Ford website and they
actually have a bio as well.....
Would this be related to Genral Motors booking Dj Bone  to
'dj' their Detroit auto show 2000???? In which the  new Hummer
concept was brought out while Jaugar was playing.....
Much to the enjoyment of the UK/Euro press and leaving the
locals not knowing whats going on....

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
on 11/8/00 8:52 PM, Lester Kenyatta Spence at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> As a sidenote, I'm really suprised that May, Atkins, etc. haven't done
> more commercial stuff.  As in "stuff for commercials."  Movie soundtracks
> too....

Same old, same old.  It took Moby licensing all the tracks on Play for
advertisers like Ford to decide "there might be something behind this
instrumental. technical, music..." .

Then the gates were open for jwt's hipster writers and AD's to propose some
old school.  Good for them.  Too bad it took over 10 years.
--
There4IM