Thought this might be of some interest...

There is a tv commercial that is being aired by Ford for it's Focus model that incorporates the phrase "detroit techno" into its campaign. I happened to be walking back into the room as the spot was ending but at the very end there's a picture of the car, the words "detroit techno", and the Focus logo. The music playing in the backgroung didn't immediatly strike me as being detroit-based, but then again I only managed to hear about 3 seconds of it. Has anyone else seen this? If so, I wouldn't mind hearing about the entire commercial and if there is any real connection between the slogan and the music used in the ad. Personally, it didn't sit well with to see the phrase objectified, but hey, that's advertising. I'm wondering if Ford just happend to link together the words "detroit" and "techno" together through some freak coincidence as both words separatley can apply to their product but also without realizing that they might be stepping on the toes of an entire musical community.

Any opinions on the use of 313 in the mainstream media?

Jaques