Hey all, just thought I'd drop a little blurb about some new records I picked up yesterday.

1. Gataeno Parissio - SouthSoul: mew sublabel of conform where Gataeno takes things to the funky side. Killer basslines on top of some aggressive percussion make this a double pack not to be missed by anyone. A little lighter than previous Gataeno releases, on the tech-house tip, but ALL quality cuts on this album - the funk returns!

2. Marco Carolla + ? Sasse - i220 (Sasse:Fusion 2LP): a house excursion for marco and this aother producer who I have never heard of (Sasse). All smooth straight up house, a few tracks go a little harder into the percussion side of things, but all tracks retain a real nice sense of smoothness that will have house-heads begging for more. 1 track on here by Marco (I believe it's the B:2 track) that was released last year on a white lable I belive. If you like house, this is a must, great production as always by Carolla, pick this up if you see it.

3. Arrival Works (Dave Rosieux) - some nice percussive work outs here from a producer who I have seen before but never really paid much attention to. Minimal techno on the percussive tip with nice synths brooding over top to give it the perfect balance of hard and soft - a must to check out.

anyone else check out any of the above mentioned records?? Pretty good week, I was pretty impressed!

On the party tip - Gataeno Parisso, Kenny Glasgow, Jay Hunsberger tonight in K-Town, nice small, intimate space (about 250 capacity). Tickets on sale now at Speed K-Town ($10), more at the door. This is going to be a night of GREAT music, especially if Gataeno's new Album is any indication of what he will be playing. Come out, dance to some great music and meet some like-minded people. Added bonus is that it's my birthday, so come buy me a drink :) Hope to see some of you out, pieces......

MM