Dave Barnett wrote:

> who is responsible for the DMEF web site?, i would like to know detailed
> information about who was at this years event, plenty of photos of the
> 'large' crowd that attended

I can't seem to get through to the DEMF site itself, both demf.net and
demf.org appear to be down. There were a bunch of articles (some with
photos) written, here's what the Freep wrote:
http://www.freep.com/entertainment/music/efest30_20000530.htm

Sonicnet.com wrote 8 articles of which I don't have the direct URLs, but
if you search for 'detroit' in their music archives section, they'll
show up.

And there's of course the TechnoTourist report :)
http://technotourist.org/demf.html

> (links to the audio and video files at
> groovetech of course) and i know it is very early to say - who might be at
> next year's event,  information on getting to and around Detroit, where to
> stay, what to see, what record shops to visit, where to guest dj

I'm working on it, I'll post something to the list in a few weeks for
comments.
Hmmm, the TechnoTourist Guide to Detroit? Lonely Planet watch out! :)

> (i know some Adelaide (South Australia) people are interested
> in going to it next year).

Yep, quite a few 313-members that I met on my holiday there were
seriously thinking about it and let's face it: after last year, how can
you afford to miss next year's edition? Might be a nice competition to
see if there will be more Ozzies or Dutchies :)

Anyway, this gives me an opportunity to give big thanks to the 313.au
massive for going out of their way to provide hospitality, parties
(great house scene in Perth!), radio show appearances or simply
all-around friendliness: Askew, Cyclone, 3jane, tan, Jason M., Scott
Nexus, Bennnnnn, Patrick HAF, james bond, Emma, Chris, Bo, Tim, Kate,
Nicole, A_Zed, [EMAIL PROTECTED], Jason B. (all three of them), Dave Clark,
Josh Dissonance and my apologies to those I forgot, it's not on purpose.

Cheers,

Otto
  • DEMF Website? Dave Barnett
    • Re: [313] DEMF Website? Otto Koppius