Tom Churchill wrote:

> Luomo - Vocalcity (Force Tracks)
> The Luomo stuff
> has quietly been causing a stir on the underground for a while now and it's
> easy to see why - six long tracks of impeccable electronic house falling
> somewhere between Maurizio/Main Street, Herbert, and the Playhouse camp.
> Beautiful vocal treatments, warm atmospheres, quirky but tracky beats and
> great arrangements.

I have to second this recommendation, I have been playing Luomo heavily,
this is a must for fans of Main Street Records or you early Chez and
Trent fans -- who are wondering where you can scratch that itch with
newer artists (besides the Playhouse and Perlon catalogs).  I love the
vocals that creep in and out of the murky dubbed-and-dialed-out deep
house. And it's a triple-pack so you can mix and match this stuff
forever, each track is like 12 minutes long...

Also I am way into the other stuff Tom C. & Marsel have been reviewing,
the Bitasweet, IG Culture and Mainsqueeze/Bugz in the Attic tip, but I
skew towards the more electronics-infused stuff than the real way out
"pure fusion" afrobeat stuff... which gets too wanked out for me,
personally.   People in Detroit looking for the west london / broken
beat stuff (i.e. - 2000 Black and various Dego abstract projects of
late, like what he was spinning at DEMF) should check out DJ Supply in
(yes, Warren!?).  Brian go-go Gillespie is doing the buying and the
selection is not gigantic but what's there is QUALITY... all the stuff
Goya distributes.   And there are surprises in the bins like old Roy
Ayers reissues for the headz who want to go back that far...

Other stuff I can't put down right now:
-- CiM - reference LP (DeFocus)
-- V/A - Laws of Motion compilation
-- V/A sampler and Sonar Lodge 12's on Music for Speakers
-- Cheateau Flight - Puzzle (Versatile) - beautiful & thoughtful music
-- Nubian Mindz - New World Chaos (Archive) so UR insipred! Brillaint
-- Soul Circut - Don't Spoil the Tension, soundtrack
-- Mafia Sound System (Dialog? / Sonar Kollektiv) weird spooky
brokenbeat

also heard a wicked 10" on Plug Research but forgot the title... (Mr.
Moto?), when did this originally come out?

Everything coming out of Rush Hour distribution lately seems red hot
too.

peace
--
Matt MacQueen  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>