Hey Mike,

Well.. I can certainly see people viewing it as a disappointment, but when
I bought this comp back in late 96, it became my first who's-who
names-to-faces piece of detroit techno. Sentimental value... it's got the
stars on it for sure.

At the time, the two(three) biggest detroit artists I was getting into
were Claude Young and Drexciya. The tracks by both are hideous. Still the
worst tracks I've ever heard by them. Not a big fan of Saunderson's
E-Dancer either.

This comp definately got me into Eddie Fowlkes. He's got two great tracks
on there, one of which is this slurpy happy pre-klang IDM track that makes
me pump my fist into the air 4 years later. Classics like D. May's
"wiggin", Pullen's "8th Wonder" Pennington's "Art of Stalking" Cool stuff
by T-1000, Shake, Keith Tucker, ... first time I had heard actual tracks
by those 3.

Blake Baxter's "where's the love" rocks hard with extremely tactful 303
usage.

:) the good old days before all the animal porn, heroin addiction, and
Mills/Oakenfold love children.
n8