I have seen the way that, "techno", has been absorbed by Europe and sent
> back to the U.S., foolin people over here into thinkin that some crafty
> Euro-DJ's and producers were the one's who "Invented" it.  I have always
> known where techno came from, though.

Fair comment, except as long as you realise that you fooled yourself.
Not all people over here in the UK and Europe are blinkered, we know
where movements are derivative from.  But I am not going to go planting
a flag as to where things began as you wouldn't know where to start.
IMHO I give most respect to Kraftwerk, because for me they basically
kicked something off that seemed to come ahead of its time - True
Visionaries.

Re: To Detroit, if it wasn't for the scene outside the US it is quite
possible
that Detroit would not be as furtive as it is today.  I think it is criminal
how America regard Fat Boy (Housemartin) Slim, Chemical Bros, Moby,
Oakenfold et al, it is the same in the mainstream over here. This is because
Detroit was ignored first time round.  It is not about a location, it is a
sate
of mind.  It's more important about where it is going than were it began
anyway.
Man, anyone would think we were living UNDERGROUND.

'There are millions of people in Detroit.  I'd say about 30 of them have
heard of techno.'
(Marc Kinchen, 1990)

Scott