-----Original Message-----

>> I just wanted to know who started the tradition of mixing speeches with
>> music, in particular, the Martin Luther King speeches..

rekidwise,in dance music,,,
the first record to mix a speach in,i can remember would defintly be
Keith Leblanc's "Malcolm X - No Sellout" on Tommy Boy
(Hardcastle - 19 was when it hit mainstream i suppose)
with Chicago house the first one must have been
Housemaster  Baldwin - I Have a Dream on future sound
in the uk,it's the dreaded Oakenfeld(&Rob Davis)
the Speach - I have a dream (ffrr)
in Detroit it was
Reese&Santonio - Truth of self evidence(kms), &later
K Larkin's - We Shall overcome(+8)
talking about speech samples
i always wanted to know were the one that goes:
"Brothers!  - we all know why were here" come from???
its on J Mills Final Cut - Burn Baby Burn(full fx),and  the "brothers" bit
is  on "Speedy J - Evolution" on +8.
anybody knows ?

e,r
(btw Hitler/Mslini bits were popular in industrial as early as 78,not
to mention Pierre Henry in the 50s)