Hi, I just thought I'd let people know that since I
subscribed to this list a week ago some of you have
pointed me to some good hour long DJ mixes in mp3
format.  I have burned a handful of these mixes to CD
and I want to let you know what I got, so you can join
in the fun too:

The first site is htpp://www.frequencydetroit.com

I was really impressed with what this site had to
offer.  Not only can you download mp3 mixes, but they
come in different qualities.  I usually download the
poor quality one first to see if I like it, then I'll
download the high quality one if it's going to the
burner.  The mixes that caught my eye were first, Mike
Grant--8.00(techno mix) [not the house mix].  Can I
say solid detroit techno enough?  Mom even liked it.
Then it was Jared Wilson--Audio Abduction...wow,
bangin as hell super mechanical techno to start it
out, then lighter stuff at the end.  Then I burned
Reggie Curry -- new mix 2.  I can't say I'm a big fan
of house, but this stuff is so chilled and detroit
sounding I LOVE IT, (i'm listening to it now).  I was
initially thrown by the vocal track 13 minutes in, but
then I read that Curry was all about sexiness, so it
made sense--now I look forward to it because it puts a
'sexy' vibe into the rest of the CD.  That's all for
frequencydetroit for now.  I was wondering what others
thought of this site.

Next it's http://www.vocode.com

ELECTRO!  Before someone pointed out this site
yesterday, I didn't own an electro cd, now I do!  I
got the Lex November Showcase mix.  This mix got me
and my roomate to do all sorts of silly robotic
dances.  We went there today and spotted new mixes!
One thing, the site seems slower than freqencydetroit,
since it took 30 minutes to download a 50 minute mix
and only 12 minutes for a 75 minute mix from
frequencydetroit (T3 connection!)

Well, those are the sites that delivered!  But hey,
while I'm at it, I'd like to share some trouble
shooting tips with you about burning and downloading
mp3s.  For one, you will notice that some mixes at
frequency detroit are over 74 minutes, but a standard
blank cd is 74 minutes.  I had to figure out a way to
cut off the last few minutes to make it fit, I tried
Soundrecorder, but it ran out of memory.  What now?
Well I use Winamp to convert the mp3 into a .wav file
(it does this really quick too BTW) [set the output to
Nullsoft wav out] so just hit STOP before you get to
the 74 minute mark and you are set to go.  Also, and
finally, for the electro mix, I had to really turn it
up to hear it, how do you fix this?  Use Winamp!  Set
the preamp level in the EQ higher and make it louder,
here you can also tweak with the treble and bass, and
when you output it to a wav it will output this
tweaked version, thus the mix cd I made sounds
"normal".

Well, glad to share this cherished knowledge with you,
let me know if you find and high quality (>=128k) mp3
mixes [the hyperreal ones are only 16k :(   I will
definitely check them out.
           ____
          /\   \
         /  \   \