on 1/11/2001 5:32 PM, darw_n at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> got this off of the MW list, thought some of you might think it to be an
> interesting comment...
>
> From: "pixie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>> --- "Hugh G. Blaze" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Plus, just to keep this on-topic, I was lsitenig
>>> last night when they
>>> replayed some old radio footage, during which the
>>> radio announcer described
>>> Duke Ellington as "the king of rave music."
>>> Who knew?

As I recall, the radio announcer referred to Ellington as the "King of
Jungle music".  It was an unfortunate label then as it is now.

I remember because Linda and I both thought about an "Ellington Breakbeat
Dub" at that point in the show.
--
There4IM
"Techno Rebels:  The background and components of Detroit Techno"