>I got an old Tresor 12" a couple of days ago, which the label says is a
>sampler for a compilation called 'Detroit Techno Soul'. It's dated 93 I
>think. There are four tunes on it, including one by Shake, and there all
>worthwhile listens but one tune really stands out, it's called Music In My
>Head by A.E.S. Does anyone have any more info about the producer? It is an
>alias?...have they done anything else?? cos that tune has been making the
>last few miserable wintery, freezing cold days almost a pleasure.
>Cheers
>
>Chris

a.e.s. are art forest, eddie fowlkes and santonio echols.

'music in my head' is taken from the "detroit technosoul" cd  compilation.
it was operated by eddie flashin' fowlkes for tresor, back in the
underrated techno soul days around 1992-93

besides the 12" sampler from detroit technosoul album on tresor, there was
a 12" out on pow-wow (a ny based label) with on a side three different
mixes of "music in my head". the b side features three different mixes of
"macro" by eddie fowlkes, a track also feature on the compilation.

to my knowledge it's one of the rare collaboration featuring art forest,
eddie fowlkes and santonio echols all together.

there were some 12" and tracks in the same vein on such labels as made in
detroit, eff records (one of eddie's labels), cyren america (santonio's
label) or alf records (art's label). some sounds dated, but others are
underrated classics.

santonio and art forest did some great stuff on cyren america.

i think it's time to have a real talk about contribution of such labels as
cyren america, eff records, serious grooves or artists as eddie flashin'
fowlkes, santonio, art forest to 313 sound!!!

20001 time for a techno soul revival ?
 :)

disk.system

http://www.d2b.org/EAR