[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>recent posts about early chicago / detroit made me
>dig out some old chicago stuff...

>...anyone know if there are any good cd comps of
>this stuff? thanx.

Hansi Güçlüer mentioned the 3 "classic" comps from Mastercuts. Another
extremely good set is from the not-so-classic LOW PRICE MUSIC label: the BEST
OF HOUSE & BEST OF ACID. Tracks on those are mainly licenced from Sherman's
labels such as TRAX, Saber, Housetime etc, but there's few other goodies there
as well. Rare Jack Frost, Hot Hanas Hula and DJ Pierre tracks can be found on
the ACID comp. Rare "On and on" by Jessie Saunders, "It's a mystery" by Phase
II and other house gems can be found on the HOUSE comp.
There were 4 CDs in both series, each disc has 10 tracks.

I think these releases were made strictly for cashing in; the makers propably
paid Sherman some money and he handed some tapes and records to them and said:
"do what you wanna...". Some of the tracks on these CDs are lifted straight
from vinyl;) But nevertheless all tracks are classic house in fine style.
The good thing was the comps were cheap. I paid about $15.00 for both series
(that's 8xCD)!!!

Proffit