My remarks about Pullen's new LP weren't too descriptive, sorry. There's
signature Stacey Pullen all over it but it just lacks the kind of warmth
you'd associate with previous output. A lot of tracks are similar in style
to the Daphreephunkateerz breaks tracks (one of which appears on his DJ
Kicks) and occasional interludes attempt Innerzone Orchestra fusion but it
all just fails so miserably for me to reach any of those standards. It's
just p*ss-poor "lifestyle" music. For a producer that used to epitomise the
soulful side of techno Pullen's produced an album almost entirely lacking in
just that: soul.

Because I was so shocked by how poor I thought this album was, I brought
"The Theory of Silent Phase" into work to listen to today and it breaks my
heart to think Stacey can't made an album anywhere even close to as
beautiful as that. Where has all the emotion and warmth gone? I noticed
Cyclone Wehner remarked a while back that this new album was great, had you
heard it or had you just heard the up and coming single? Still in a state of
shock...

Jonny.

np: Theory of Silent Phase.