Since I've mentioned the TechKnow list a couple of time and I've had about
10-15 emails asking about it, I thought I'd do Todd a favor and re-post the
info on it. See below. The subscription info below is *wrong* though. You
will need to subscribe by visiting
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/313techknow/

The list has 46 members and it's not even a week old. It's going quite well
so far.

Tood Gys's original message:

Hey 313ers,
Quick announcement and invitation:  The Tech-Gear list seems to have drifted
away; this was an eGroups list with 313 music production techniques as the
main focus.  I was going to take over Tech-Gear as moderator, but apparently
it was taken down before I got a response.  Reason being that the active
community just wasn't large enough.

However, I think that list was a great idea, so a new list has been created
to provide 313 producers, both novice and experienced, with a place to talk
about specific production techniques, reviews of gear, etc.  If you produce
your own music and want to share ideas or get tips from other musicians,
this is the place to do it.  If you've ever wanted to start making your own
detroit-style tracks and don't know where to begin, this is a great
opportunity.

I'm hoping to make 313TechKnow the perfect compliment to our list here at
hyperreal.  313@hyperreal.org deals with the music we love;
[EMAIL PROTECTED] will deal with how to make it.

I'm going to keep an active role as moderator to ensure that all posts are
313 relevant so no one will have to deal with candy-ravers asking how to
make Goa trance from their cracked copy of ReBirth =]  That in mind however,
the list will be still be open minded in styles; trying to enlist members
with interests in everything from hard UR-style electro to the deep dubby
minimal sounds coming out of berlin.

Anyway, I would love to establish a strong community for the list, so if you
are interested please subscribe.  I'm going to do my best to recruit members
with a throrough knowledge base about 313-related production techniques.
http://www.egroups.com/group/313techknow
GYS
set.go.recordings

Tristan
Eleven mixes, one album, various tracks, pics and info here:
http://www.mp3.com/stations/313
http://phonopsia.tripod.com/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<FrogboyMCI> on AOL IM