> the robert hood remix is on a peacefrog release alongside a richie hawtin
> remix

This is extremely cheeky, but I have decided to auction off my spare copy of
this on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1408147459 - there is
also a Dopplereffekt 12" and an early Romanthony 12". Sorry for the blatant
self advertising, at least you know it is all for a good cause ;) I redeem
myself (I hope) with recommendations below...

> other rob hood must haves include:
>
> minimal nation (axis/m-plant)
> movable parts chapter 1 (m-plant)
> hardwax #08 (with claude young (i forget the title))
> internal empire (m-plant/tresor)
>
> and of course check out all the hood records you can get a hold of ;)

Night Time World 1 (Cheap) is the best techno album ever, IMO. Everybody
should own a copy of it. I am also a big fan of the more stringy stuff on
Duet. The recent Night Time World 2 is not quite as good as the first
instalment, but it is still worth picking up. The last slice in particular
is an excellent extension of the Detroit Techno blueprint in a way that
actually retains it's honest soulful element. Conjures for me a kind of Mobb
Deep from Neptune sound.

Jonny.