The person behind this is Detroit's DJ Bone. It's
his record label and the concept was that each artist
on the label was to be a subject. (he being subject
001 or 01 i believe).
     They were to be nameless, hence the quality of
the records would only be based on the quality of the
music on the record and not whose name is on it.

   I did a great interview for Massive Magazine with
Bone. I'd post it, but I believe the disc is long gone
and lost :/