> just a quick question about Terrence Parker's "Tribute" ep on Intangible...
> the first track - i think it's "Love's Got Me High" - is almost exactly the
> same as a track on DJ Assault's "Straight Up...", except that the track on
> Assault's mix is missing the vocal snippets, is substantially faster (we're
> talking 45rpm compared to 33), and is listed as "Taxicab" on the backcover
> of the cd.
> does anyone know what the deal is here?
>
> which is the original?  what's the sample?  anyone got a spare of the "2
> Brothers..."?

I Have been listening to those 4 tracks non stop this week (along with
François Kervorkian Essential mix 2X CD - Very cool BTW.)

i am pretty sure that track 1 uses a "wood, brass, and steel" sample of
funkanova" (these guys were the sugarhill band if my memory serves me
correctly) - The EP is great. can anyone - maybe TP himself share some more
info about this EP. It may of already been covered a while back on 313 - i
checked TP's site out this week and the EP was listed 10? or more releases
back. has this been reissued or is it a new EP? - i only know what i have
read about Ken Collier from some of the kind words written about him after
he died, i have his 'out come the freaks' track that he did with don was, a
deserving tribute no doubt.

on another subject has anybody read 'i was a robot' by Wolfgang Flur? (other
than fellow 313'er Tim Barr of course!) - interesting stories about his days
with Kraftwerk (and certainly more detailed than any Kraftwerk bio i have
ever read. IMHO)

Dave