Ian Dinsmor wrote:

so I was told that the track I was trying to ID was called "taxicab."
now i cant find a damn thing about it.

Is this one of those back alley, knock two times, and know the password
tracks? :)

anyone know anything about this track?

discussion about this track came up on this list a coupla weeks ago. essentially, it would seem to be v.similar to Terrence Parker's "Love's Got Me High" (from the Tribute ep on Intangible), except that "Taxicab" hasn't got the vocal samples from "Love's..." and the rpm of "Taxicab" is about 1/3 greater than "Love's...".

the Tribute ep was repressed fairly recently, so you shouldn't have too many problems finding that one. "Taxicab" is on a 12" by 2 Brothers and a DAT on a label called Jackin' Trax. i think someone commented (Ani, with info from Mike Huckaby?) that the 2 Brothers record was more than likely a bootleg and isn't readily available, so you'll have to scour the 2nd-hand racks for that one.

as for the sample which features heavily in both tracks, someone (Mr Deliverator?) said that it came from an early 80's funk/rock band featuring one of the geezers from Living Colour.

ta

rob