I think the easiest way would be I-75 north all the up to M-59 west. This will
take you right into Pontiac ...M59 crosses Wide Track just as you come into
town and just after you cross it, you have to turn left and go up to a light to
catch it again (M59 is one way from the other direction, so you have to do a
little jog to rejoin it where it is again two-way). The church of which you
speak is right there on your left as you make that turn. Basically you should
look for parking as soon as you cross Wide Track. If you can find none there,
you can always go up to the light (which is M59 = Huron Street), turn right and
then take the first left. There's a public lot down about a block or so on your
right.
                                                        jeff